Thursday, October 14, 2010

sneaky baby

Remember just the other day when I was lamenting the fact that Asher is strong, but can't yet sit up on his own?

Well, apparently all I needed to do was put him down for a nap when he wasn't tired.  I heard some chatting over the monitor and turned on the video to see what was going on instead of sleeping.

Um, this is what was going on!


Laziness confirmed.  This boy can totally sit up, just doesn't want to!

Then, just to shock me even further Asher did this!!


That's right - he's standing by himself!

I couldn't believe it.  At this point I figured that sleeping was not going to happen so I went up to get him.  You should have seen the GRIN across his face when I walked in and he was standing up.  He was so, so proud of himself!

Next time I'll have to take my camera with me - sorry for not doing that this time.

Oh and in related news - anyone know of a good crib rail saver??  It's only a matter of time before Baby Jaws strikes again and this crib becomes scrap wood.  We tried the Prince Lionheart sticky kind before Asher was born and it left a ton of residue on the wood, so we need another option.

8 comments:

  1. i made our crib rail cover. I just googled for a free pattern/directions. it was really easy and way cheaper than what you'll find in the store. plus it goes with the theme of his room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)Seraphina was TOTALLY the same way with sitting/standing...in fact, I could tell a VERY similar story to your post...haha. :) As for crib rail protectors, ours are from IKEA and very inexpensive and effective (and leave no residue), but they are skinny and I'm not sure what your crib edges look like...they only work for certain types, if that makes any sense. Other than that, I have seen people "craft" cloth ones that work well, too (in varying degrees of cuteness...one was just a bunch of cloth randomly tied on...not cute, but it did the job). Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YaY!! Asher!! hehe

    I am in the market for crib rail covers. I had heard the sticky ones are not great and have found (not purchased yet) cloth ones from BabysRUs. They have a waterproof layer too so the slobber doesn't hurt the finish... but I will be keeping my eye out on this post to see if anyone else has found a great solution and if you come across something let me know too please!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would totally help out with a recommendation, except STILL Ava has never slept in her crib. Mommy fail :)

    Way to go, Asher!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, way to go Asher!!!! The first time Jack sat up was also in the crib. Now when I put him down, he immediately sits up. Makes nap time a bit challenging! I'm amazed Asher sat up and stood for the first time all in one day though! What a big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!!! That is so great that he's sitting up and standing!

    Everett is still learning to lay himself down when he wakes up sitting. It's been a battle for us having to go in a few times a night to lay him back down. It's so sad-he's sitting up crying, half asleep. He's getting better and better though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go Asher!!!! Yay for sitting up AND standing....in one day... wow!!!! That's so exciting! And I also have some Momma fail because B hasn't slept in his crib yet either..... oops!!!! I am in the market for a crib rail though, as well..... so if you find one that works well for you, please do share!!! You are always good at that. :) I have faith.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at that big boy!! Watch out, he's going to be standing up on everything possile, and even things not possible...which will result in lots of bruises :) Yay Ash!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails