Sunday, October 31, 2010

party animal

Finally, the long awaited birthday party post!

Last weekend Asher attended his first ever friend birthday party.  It was so much fun!!




{He was pretty obsessed with this ball}

All of the kids were encouraged to wear their costumes, so of course, the lobster had to make an appearance.  Unfortunately, Asher was hot and overwhelmed by all of the excitement, so this lobster looks pretty grumpy.  You'd think we were surrounded by boiling water and claw crackers by the expression on his face.




But really, it wasn't that bad.

We popped him out of the lobster-wear and he was happy as a clam.  Maybe that should be next year's costume.


Miss O {the birthday girl} was the cutest little ladybug. 



Asher had fun playing around the other kiddos - he still doesn't play with anyone - I think this is normal.



The birthday girl got a little help from Mom and Dad on blowing out her candle.



It took a little time for her to warm up to the idea, but eventually she took a face-first nosedive into her cake.  I love it!



We had such a great time!  Thanks for inviting us to celebrate with you!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love love love that costume on him!

    I so hope our babies can eat cake their first birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birthday parties are so much fun! I agree- babies at this age just play near each other, maybe both wanting the same toy, but not playing together. It's cute to watch them though. I'm glad you all had fun at Asher's first party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, LOVE this post!!! Of course, I'm a little bit partial, but I still think it rocks. We were so glad to have you guys celebrate with us! We can't wait to celebrate Mr. A's big birthday-- coming up soon :-)
    Thanks for sharing your awesome photos! Why do I have a craving for lobster now??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails