Friday, October 29, 2010

favorite thing friday - cupcake toppers

Welcome Fall!

Yesterday I made beef stew in my crock pot for dinner, but was lamenting the fact that it was so warm here {a high of 78} that it just did not seem like stew weather.  It's the end of October!  The leaves are changing!  Where's that crisp air I love?!

Well, it's here now!  We had a 20 degree drop from yesterday to today - yikes.  That was dramatic {and appreciated!} I love fall.
 
This weekend we have big plans for family fun.  It's been such a busy fall that Drew and I haven't had much time for just the 3 of us to hang out.  I'm really looking forward to taking Asher to the pumpkin patch {finally!!} and maybe having a picnic or trip to the aquarium.  Not sure where the weekend will lead us - any suggestions for family fun with a 10 month old?

In the meantime, it's favorite thing friday! 

A few weeks ago the bible study for moms that I attend was throwing a baby 'sprinkle' for 3 moms in our group.  It's a sprinkle, rather than a shower, since these ladies are all expecting their second child.  I love that!

Anyway, I was in charge of snack for the week and wanted to do something 'baby' without going overboard with work and expense.  I've seen cupcake toppers on a few websites recently and thought they were so cute!  What a great way to add decoration!


With keeping the expense down being a primary goal I decided to try my hand and making some myself, rather than buying them.  I plan to make some for Asher's birthday as well, so all of the 'gear' I needed will get more use.


Someday I'll do a detailed post on how exactly I made these, but for now I'll just show off the final product!





Happy Baby - and Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Wow - those turned out great! Way to get crafty, mama! Wanna make some for Ava's party while you're at it? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. so bummed I am working today instead of hanging out with you and Asher! wish I could join in the family fun :) Hope you 3 have a nice weekend!!

    P.S. those cupcakes look fabulous and yummy. think any of them will make it to Cleveland?

    ReplyDelete
  3. is that a cupcake carrier tray I see? I have one and I love it since I love to make cupcakes!!!! Hehe. I actually plan on making some Halloweenie cupcakes for this Sunday. I'll have to take some pics of how they turn out.. nothing as nice as yours but they will be decorative colors, for sure! :)

    Great work!!! props!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails