Wednesday, October 6, 2010

a great wedding

I mentioned that we had a few adventures in store for last weekend - well, here it is!  Asher and I had a unique opportunity to attend my grandfather's wedding.  You read that right - we went to Asher's great grandfather's wedding!


Poppy lives in North Carolina only about 2 hours from my parent's house, so we timed our visit to overlap the wedding weekend.  It isn't every day that you get to witness you grandfather tying the knot!

Doesn't Mom look beautiful with her father?


My Mom did a tremendous amount of work planning the reception decorations and food.  Since the bride and groom are both in their 70s, it was a lower key event, but very lovely nonetheless.




Look at my little man dressed to the nines for the wedding!  He's so cute {I'm completely biased and proud of it}.  I'm not ashamed to admit that Mom and I found this sweater for Ash at a children's consignment store a few days before the weekend.  I paid a whopping $1.70!  Gotta love a deal!


As per my typical record, I completely missed getting a photo of Asher and Poppy.  Boo.

But I did get a bunch of Ash and his Aunt Erin and Uncle Ryan!
 


 I volunteered to be the amateur photographer for the day, so Erin and Ryan were in charge of Mr. A.  They did great!  Except when Ryan tried to hold Asher like a newborn and A got insulted by the 'baby' insinuation.  Can you see his 'worried' look?



 Nice save Aunt Erin!


Bless his heart - Ryan has very little baby experience and tried so hard.  We love you, Uncle Ryan!  :o)

All in all, it was a really nice day.





Poppy and Lana were both so happy and I was happy for them.  It's a little strange to think of someone other than my grandmother being my Poppy's wife, but I want him to be happy.  Lana is a wonderful lady and I know they will take good care of each other.

7 comments:

  1. Awww...I love it! Congrats to your Poppy! That argyle sweater on Asher is so stinkin cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! I'm glad you and Asher were able to go. You're right- it's not every day you get to see a grandparent get married. And yes, that sweater is adorable. Gotta love those good finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! you're back! I've missed my daily updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your Poppy! I love when older people find love again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! Very sweet pictures! What a great opportunity! Love the sweater too! Awesome find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your Gparents on the marriage!!! How very neat that Asher was able to attend such an event!!!! I have to admit you kept saying Poppy and I was wondering who you were referring to...I now get it. :-P The sweater is great...i ♥ a deal ... especially when it's so darn cute!!!! I think it's also amusing when guys hold babies/kids. I also am not so sure if it matters if they have baby experience or not!!!! It always seemed like guys holding B were uncomfortable and a little "off". They do try though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how the only part of Ryan that moves and changes is his arms when he goes to hold Asher. He just puts them straight out, like he's ready for a box or something. Oh how I love that man!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails