Thursday, October 7, 2010

nine month check-up

Our doctor was booked beyond belief when I called to make the appointment for Asher's 9 month check-up {in August} so we couldn't get in until today!  He's almost 10 months, but it didn't make any big difference this time around.

It's finally getting cool here, so when we left the house at 9:30 I decided that Ash could wear his new fall jacket that Aunt Erin sent to him!  I think it is too cute!



 There are so few cute clothing things for little boys {in my opinion} but fall clothing is the exception.  I adore hats and coats on little men - I could just eat him up!

 
He was a trooper at the doctor's office and let him measure, weigh, and listen to his heart/lungs with not a peep.  Of course, I held him the whole time so that helped.  :o)

The new stats:

Weight - 19 pounds, 14 ounces (35th percentile)
Height - 29 inches (70th percentile)
Head - 18 inches (50th percentile)

I was a little worried that Asher had dropped from the 50th to 35th percentile for weight, but Dr. L said that was normal since he's moving around more and eating more food / less milk.  She did encourage me to make sure he gets at least 24 oz of milk each day to help keep his weight up.  This boy loves food, but we'll try!

All other systems cleared with flying colors - he's perfect!  HA!

At the end of the appointment the nurse came in with the tray.  I'm sad that 'nurse' is becoming a four five letter word to Asher, but what can you do - he knows who gives the shots.  He started crying when she walked in and I almost cried with him. 

He stopped crying when I held his hand and didn't cry at all during the toe prick, blood draw.  His iron levels are great!  Mr A did let loose with the howls and tears when she gave him the flu shot.  Poor baby.  He rallied quickly though and did great on the ride home.

His battle wounds.  Standing on his head probably doesn't help {couldn't get the photo turned - sorry}


The band-aid on the toe was so interesting - he couldn't leave it alone.  Once it fell off I snatched it up before we ended up back in the doctor's office for a band-aid stuck in the throat.  That's irony, people.


 So grateful for a healthy boy!

7 comments:

  1. yay Asher!

    And that coat is too cute! Loving the fall weather here, although here that means we can wear short sleeves instead of tank tops - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he's getting so big! he's super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad he is healthy and growing great! And I agree, fall clothes are the best. Love that coat! I also love that picture in your Wordless Wednesday post. Asher is such an adorable little man!

    And we're glad you made it home safely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture where he's reaching for the band-aid on his toe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a little stud! He is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a handsome little guy! I really like his jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That coat is CUTE !!!!

    Yay for healthy Asher!!!! We didn't get a toe prick ....hmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails