Wednesday, October 27, 2010

the cutest crustacean

I'm dying to tell you about Asher's first experience as a birthday party guest.  His baby friend, Miss O celebrated her first birthday with a fun party last weekend!  The thing is - the party encouraged all the kids to wear their Halloween costumes {which, of course, Asher did} and if I show you photos from the party, you'll see his costume.

I was waiting until Halloween to share the cuteness with you all, but who cares, we're close enough now.  I just need to spill the beans on his - oh so cute - costume already!

Without further adieu, I present my crawling crustacean





Can I just say how much I LOVE this costume!  It cracks me up every time.  I love that it's a little different.  The biggest problem is just how HOT it is - poor boy practically melts after just a few minutes.


Uh oh, look out - Daddy is hungry!



For those who are wondering I got it on eBay for a fraction of the cost of a new one.  I made the decision that if I'm not making it myself then eBay is the way to go.  These costumes usually only get worn once for an hour or so before being put back in the packaging.  You can bet I'll have this one listed for sale next fall! HA!

-------------------

Oh, and for those of you who were wondering about Asher's new shoes, they are from Stride Rite.  I looked all over and they had, hands down, the best shoes for little feet that are just learning to walk.  We bought them a little big on purpose since Asher isn't actually walking yet.  By the time he's up and around they should fit great.

Thanks so much for all of the encouragement about Asher's lack of sleep recently.  He had another bad night last night, but I'm hopeful that this phase is on its way OUT and we'll be back to getting good rest again soon.  I'll keep you updated!

12 comments:

  1. If I don't get to kiss that lobster soon I'm going to burst!

    I LOVE THAT LITTLE CRUSTACEAN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh what a cute costume!! I promise the no sleep will get better, we went through it with P and he's just now sleeping again through the night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love his costume!!!! So very cute and perfect for a crawling baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently saw a photo with a baby in the same costume and the parents were carrying the baby around in a big pot! It was hilarious! Asher looks very cute :)

    BTW, Cooper is going through a bad sleep phase right now, too! It must be a normal phase since it's going on with a couple of babies around Coop's age that I know right now! It's rough! Last week, he was waking up every 3 hours! This week he's sleeping like 4 hours at a time...maybe, it'll pass soon!

    I love Stride Rite's shoes but they rarely have Cooper's size in the shoes that I like! I'll have to go back to see if they have this shoe in a size 3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I LOVE that costume and those shoes! Super, Super cute!The costume, the shoes and Asher! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooooooooo Cute!!!! I'm dying to share Presley's!!! Oh my gracious, I could just EAT. HIM. UP.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! Love it! Sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can we say cuteness overload on the costume?? I like that it is different too. I doubt you will see many other crustaceans. Where did you get it at?

    Sorry to hear it was another sleepless night. How often does Asher wake up at night?

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE IT!!! I'm excited to show off Jack's costume too. There's nothing cuter than a baby in a costume!

    I hope Asher sleeps better tonight. I really don't have any advice for you, but let us know if you find something that works. We're not having any problems right now but I know it's bound to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG - that is insanely adorable! I just cannot get over how cute he is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun!!! I haven't even seen a costume like this one!!! The cutest crustacean I've ever seen :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails