Monday, October 18, 2010

losing track

It turns out that I completely lost track of a few important posts!  See, I have two cameras.

It's true.  I have two cameras.  One - the big camera - that I use in the house day-to-day and take on big trips for the highest quality photos.  The other - the little camera - that I keep in my diaper bag for those impromptu shots when Asher and I are out and about. 

The little camera was an anniversary gift from Drew and I love it!  There are lots of times when I want to take a quick photo and there's no way I could haul the 'big camera' everywhere I go.  It needs its own bag and my hands are full enough as it is.

When Asher and I were in Raleigh visiting my parents and attending my grandfather's wedding I used both the big and little cameras.  However, the 'big camera' was the star of the show at Poppy's wedding so I got photos off of it last.  I sort of forgot about the 'little camera' shots until a few days ago when I downloaded our photos from the park and found some great pics from the last few days of the NC vacation.

That was a really long way of saying - I have some photos and stories to share from a few weeks back!  I'm a little embarrassed at the rambling direction this post has taken, but I've already typed it out, so it's staying.  Oh well - hope you're still with me.

Rewind with me back to the Friday before the wedding - October 1st.  Mom had already headed over to my Grandfather's town {about 2 hours away} and Ash and I were hanging out with PopPop {my Dad}.  We needed a few last minute things from Target and BJs, so the guys and I headed over. 

Who loves shopping?


These guys! {just kidding - but they were patient}


After our adventures in Target Asher was pretty hungry.  PopPop had to run into Petsmart for a fish tank pump, so A and I waited in the car and had some milk.


At one point we were sitting in the car and someone parked right next to us.  Our car windows were down and he naturally glanced in.  Even though the windows were down he clearly didn't expect to see anyone and jumped pretty bad when we smiled and waved at him.  HA!  Sorry mister!




After all of that we headed home and Asher got some dinner.


I clearly didn't get it around fast enough because the poor guy started eating his toys.



The next morning Aunt Erin, Uncle Ryan, and Phinley arrived!



Have you met Phinley?  Hi.


He's an excellent watchdog.  Not really.  He'd sooner lick you than bark.  And tends to sleep a lot.  And loves to snuggle.  He's my kind of dog! 

He also really likes to do dishes.  What a great helper!


Asher loved him and wanted to touch him all the time!


Dad loves Phin too.  Nice modeling here.


He even let him up on the counter for a second to see Asher.  {don't tell Grammy - I'm pretty sure that's not allowed - even for grand-dogs}


We can't wait to see you all again at Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

  1. I still can't believe Dad put him ON the counter! Ah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have a big and little camera, PLUS an iPhone... so I always feel like I'm behind or out of order with pictures! I totally feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment! I hope to follow along in Asher's journeys as well :) He is too cute, especially with his facial expressions in the car seat-so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I need - a small camera for the diaper bag! My husband would never let me spend money on that though...but I have the hunking big camera and there's no way I can lug that around with a 10 month old and a diaper bag!
    But, my next buy will be the video monitor :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that dog on my counter?!? So this is what goes on when I'm not around! I guess somethings are better not to know :) Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails