Monday, November 30, 2009

lettuce out

I think that's the anthem the bean and I are singing together.

Based on his very strong pushes and punches I assume he's getting tired of being smooshed in there and wants out soon. I'm cool with that.

Over the weekend we reached 37 weeks! That means the bean is full-term!

In some ways I'm really excited about this (we'll meet him soon!) but in other ways I'm a little sad (this special time is almost over...). The great news is that he could be born any day and would be completely developed.

Baby Center claims that he is about the length of a stalk of Swiss Chard (19 inches) and is 6.3 pounds. At this point all babies are a little different, so I'm not sure how much stock (stalk? haha) I put in this.

At any rate, we're doing great. I feel more tired and achy than ever, but I know it's for a good cause. I'm also starting to have some major mood swings -- which I thought were supposed to come after the birth -- but can't be fun for anyone else. I literally go from crying to happy to grumpy in a matter of minutes. Awesome.

Thankfully I feel like I can indulge a lot of my exhaustion with naps and general laziness. Most of the baby prep is finished. The nursery is stocked and ready for a little one. We have diapers, clean clothes, and lots of blankets. What else could a bean want?

Oh, and we have a Christmas stocking for him! Now I just have to finish getting ready for the holidays and we'll be all set.

2 comments:

  1. Omigosh... I've totally forgotten about a stocking! I need to get one for the baby ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stumbled across your blog and I was looking through your posts and saw babies being compared to chard and melon. I'm now sitting here picturing babies looking like that. It's weird.

    Congrats on the baby though! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails