Tuesday, December 1, 2009

37 weeks

The bean is full term!



I have to admit that throughout this whole pregnancy part of me has been waiting for something bad to happen. At first there was the fear of a miscarriage, then later of pre-term birth and months in the NICU. At this point, however, it seems pretty sure that we are actually going to have a baby and that he'll be born ready to breathe on his own!



God has blessed us so abundently!

Today is another weekly OB appointment, but I'm not expecting anything exciting. I'll get the results of my Group B Strep test, but that's about it. I decided to opt out of a cervical check this week. Either I'll go into labor or I won't -- there's no point in knowing more details at this point.

We still have the option of doing a voluntary induction at 39 weeks, but I'm really hoping that won't happen. My best case scenario would be to go into labor naturally and have some time to labor at home before heading into the hospital.

We'll see what happens!

By the way -- anybody need a "Mary" for a live nativity? I don't claim to be carrying a Savior, but I am quite round and not the least bit afraid of stable dwelling livestock.

How far along: 37 weeks
Net weight gain: 23 lbs.
Maternity clothes: the bands on my jeans are getting uncomfortably tight
Stretch marks: not yet
Belly button: out for the remainder, I assume
Sleep: interrupted by lots of bathroom breaks
Baby movement: still very strong -- he wants out!
Food cravings: peanut butter Smidgens
Food aversions: nothing, very hungry
What I miss: having more constant moods (I think this is Drew's pick too)
Looking forward to: finishing the baby quilt
Best moment this week: getting a pedicure with my mom-in-law!
Milestones: the bean is full term!

3 comments:

  1. So, it's not entirely applicable to this post in particular... but have you given Drew access to the blog here so he can let us know when the happy event has occurred? I think you'll probably be a mite occupied at the time =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. exciting! congrats on being full term, bean! the big day will be here so so soon! ps. no stretch marks!? you might just be my hero! and i'm insanely jealous. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the comment!! you look fantastic by the way!! good luck with everything!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails