Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2 weeks old

Asher is 2 weeks old!



On one hand I don't know where the time went. It still seems like yesterday that Drew and I were rushing off to the hospital days before we expected to.


On the other hand, Asher has changed so much in such a small amount of time that it feels like he's been here for a lot longer than 2 weeks.


Drew and I have learned a lot about what Asher prefers, what his different cries mean, and how he likes to sleep {or not sleep}.

At 2 weeks old Asher:
  • eats every 3 hours during the day
  • eats every 4 hours at night
  • sleeps for a lot of the remaining time
  • looks in my direction when I talk
  • screams bloody murder while getting a diaper change
  • has grown a super cute double chin and chubby legs
  • wears size Newborn diapers
  • has started to outgrow some size Newborn clothes
Drew and I tried to weigh him using the very inaccurate "me, then me + baby" measuring system. According to that he weighs 8.5lbs. I believe it!

I'm trying to cherish every day with him because I see already how quickly babies change and grow. Your daddy and I love you very much baby Asher!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you guys are doing well. My baby will be one week tomorrow. It's so surreal! Asher is adorable! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails