Friday, December 11, 2009

baby quilt

It's finally done!



Yesterday I managed to finish the baby's quilt that I've been working on for the past few months. A lot of that time was wasted because my sewing machine broke. This quilt was a lot easier to make than my first attempt. I don't have a specific idea of how it will be used right now. Mostly I just want baby bean to have a comfy quilt to cuddle with or play on.



My mom made me quilts growing up and they were always my favorite blankets to use. I want my baby to have those same memories!



I started small (since he'll be small), but will make something bigger if he wants one someday! The colors and patterns don't exactly scream "baby" but I like it.



Basically I'm just glad the thing is staying together and that the pattern looks (mostly) planned on purpose.

In other news, my first day at home was very productive! Although I am super tired today, so maybe I overdid it a bit. Yesterday I managed to:

1) finish the quilt
2) make + freeze 2 cookie doughs
3) run several errands
4) wrap Christmas presents
5) do 2 loads of laundry

Just 5 (or fewer) days until the bean arrives!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the quilt! I envy your craftiness!

    Enjoy your last few nights of peace and quiet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great. I never would have guessed that you feel like you don't have the 'craft' gene =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the quilt! I wish I knew how to quilt now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails