Wednesday, December 9, 2009

the end, the beginning, the drop

Today is my last day of work for...I'm not sure how long. As I mentioned a few months ago, with the birth of this baby I'm starting a new career as stay-at-home Mom!

I know this isn't something that every family can do and I feel so blessed and lucky to have this chance.

While I'm really excited to have all of my time available to spend with the bean I'm also pretty nervous about what my new life will look like. Ever since I graduated from college I've been working. If you haven't been able to tell yet I love having a schedule. Work provides this. Babies do not.

Things will undoubtedly be different, but I'm confident that, with time, the bean and I will figure out a new "normal" together. I can't wait!

Since today is my last day of work, tomorrow starts my final baby countdown to-do list. I am (really, honestly) going to finish his quilt today. After that, over the next 6 days, I need to make some cookie dough and clean the house. Assuming I don't go into labor this should be very do-able. In fact, if doing all of this puts me into labor I won't complain.

If the bean doesn't force his own early timetable then in just 1 WEEK I'll be in the hospital getting ready to meet my little boy.

OH MY.

Drew and I try not to talk about it in those terms too often because it's just too anxiety inducing exciting.

In other news, I think that winter has finally reached Cleveland. We've had pretty mild weather so far this fall, but Mother Nature looks ready to hit us good.

Check out the temperature drop between today and tomorrow.

Yikes.

Let's all pray that things warm up a little and the snow stays away for my trip to the hospital next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails