Tuesday, December 8, 2009

38 weeks

Another week down -- we made it to 38 weeks!



How funny is this shirt?

It's the same one that I was wearing for this 17 week photo -- much difference?



I think the baby grew a little over the past 21 weeks.



I've been having lots of signs that the bean is ready to make his appearance, but I'm pleading with him to wait a few more days. There are only 8 days until my induction and I would really love for him to come on the 16th.

On one hand, starting labor naturally is much much preferable.

But.

On the other hand, I have a couple of reasons (purely selfish) for wanting to wait until the 16th:

1) my to-do list is scheduled out evenly over the next 7 days
2) my Mom has a plane ticket to arrive on the 15th
3) my in-laws will be back from Florida and able to come meet the bean by then

All of these things are flexible -- our parents can change their travel plans and if the cookie dough doesn't get made it will be ok. Truly I have everything done that needs to be done for the baby to arrive, so whenever he wants to come I'll be excited!

Today is my 38 week OB appointment, so we'll see if any progress has been made since 36 weeks. Stay tuned!

How far along: 38 weeks
Net weight gain: 25 lbs.
Maternity clothes: made of some pretty amazing material (see photos above)
Stretch marks: nope
Belly button: out/flat -- weird
Sleep: getting worse -- lots of hot flashes and bathroom breaks
Baby movement: slowing down a little
Food cravings: caramel popcorn, yum!
Food aversions: nothing, very hungry
What I miss: sleeping on my stomach
Looking forward to: the 1 week countdown!
Best moment this week: our last date night as a childless couple on Saturday
Milestones: the bean is totally ready and could meet us any day now...

2 comments:

  1. You look so great!!

    And if I haven't told you this already, assuming nothing happens over the next 72 hours, we are set to induce Friday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do look good! It's hard to believe I'll be meeting him next weekend!! I can't wait to find out his name!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails