Thursday, December 3, 2009

the final countdown

We have an end date!

At my 37 week appointment on Tuesday my doctor suggested an induction date of Wednesday 12/16 and I'm going for it!

It's still totally possible that the bean will decide to arrive before then, but it feels good to know that we won't be waiting beyond the 16th.

Having that knowledge is the good part.

The fact that it's now less than 2 weeks away is the scary part!

As anxious as I am to meet the bean (and finally announce his name!) I'm also pretty nervous about actually having a newborn to care for. It feels like there are still lots of things to get done around here. In reality, we're all set with the priority items. We have all of the baby stuff washed, set up, and battery powered.

The things I still need to finish include:

1) making Christmas cookie dough to freeze now and bake later
2) thoroughly cleaning the house (including all those little spots that always get overlooked, like the baseboards and behind the bed) Can you say nesting?!
3) finishing the baby quilt
4) buying and wrapping the last couple Christmas gifts

We'll see how much actually gets done!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finalizing an induction date! Was there any reason why your Dr suggested that? I wish I had a final destination date too. :) I'm due 12/17 but the last appt Dr said we'll take it week by week Argh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the light @ the end of the tunnel! YAY! feels good, right? i'm so excited for you! and of course, can't wait to learn of the bean's name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!!!! Just 13 days away :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the bean arrives and you still haven't cleaned the baseboards...I can do them!! That's at least one thing on your list you don't need to worry about...I've got your back!

    I also can't wait to find out his name -- it's killing meee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're almost there!

    Cooper will most likely be coming home next week so I'm having a lot of the same anxieties!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails