Monday, December 7, 2009

springing a leek?

I'm still here.

That's right, we made it to 38 weeks!

Baby Center claims that the baby is now about 19.5 inches, about as long as a leek.



He weighs almost 7 pounds and is ready to spring this joint at any time!

I'm not quite ready to insist he leave yet. As much as I'm growing weary of the backaches, hip pain, and nasal congestion I really like having him so close.

There won't ever be another time when he is so warm and safe.
There won't ever be another time when he is so easily moved from place to place.
There won't ever be another time when he is this quiet.

That said, I also desperately want to kiss his little cheeks and snuggle into that new baby smell!

Tomorrow is my 38 week OB appointment, so we'll see if any progress has been made towards a delivery date!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Glad it is going well. Hopefully the doc has good news for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering when I didn't see a post for a couple days...glad to hear everything is going well, but hopefully the doc will give you hopeful news tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails