Friday, December 4, 2009

let's pick a birthday - remix

Since I now know the latest date that baby bean will make his appearance I decided to make a new poll. Shameless copying off of Jocelyn is my new favorite thing to do.

Currently we have:

1 vote for Nov 29 - Dec 5
3 votes for Dec 6 - 12
14 votes for Dec 13 - 18
1 vote for Dec 19
9 votes for later than Dec 19

I have reset the poll to be daily, so feel free to vote again if you want!

---------------------------------------

One thing I've noticed since entering the 9th month is that people are really starting to pay attention to what I do and where I am. There are a couple good stories relating to this from the past few days.

1) Monday morning Drew accidentally "butt dialed" his parents at 6:00am while putting his Blackberry in his pocket. When they saw that it was him they both assumed it was baby-related and bolted out of bed, ready to hop in the car for the 7 hour drive to Cleveland. Luckily they got him on the phone before starting to drive!

2) Then on Wednesday I didn't have anything interesting to post here, so I simply didn't. Apparently this lack of blogging got the attention of my friend Karen (hi, Karen!) who immediately wondered if I was in the hospital. Don't worry Karen, we'll give you a call when the big day comes! :o)

3) Yesterday I decided to take off from work and get some stuff done around the house. Of course, I called my boss to let him know, but I didn't think about telling any co-workers. They all assumed I was gone for good and were pretty surprised to see me this morning!

4) Just this morning I called Drew around 7:00 (which I do every day, by the way) and the first thing he said, before 'hello' was "Is this it? Do I need to come get you?"

It's so sweet of everyone to be on high alert for us! There aren't too many times in life when people will assume that an early morning phone call or lack of blog posting correlates to you being hospitalized.

I already told Drew that he needs to bring his laptop when we go in for the big show. Once I'm all hooked up to the epidural and cruising through labor (hey, a girl can dream -- it is Christmas after all) I'll post updates on how we're doing.

Or maybe I'll just take a nap. We'll see.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily, thank you so much for stopping by my blog and introducing yourself! We certainly have a lot in common, don't we? :) I will be looking forward to hearing about the arrival of your little one. I am anxiously counting down the days too!!!!!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny - I've been watching all you nine-monthers like a hawk as well, wondering if any absence from posting meant baby was here!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails