Friday, November 20, 2009

let's pick a birthday!

Since I realized yesterday that I am only 30 days (now 29!) away from my due date, I've been obsessing thinking a bit about when the bean will make his debut. Then I was reading Jocelyn's blog this morning and saw the awesome "Baby Arrival" poll she added.

I love the idea and am shamelessly copying it here!

Our bean has a due date of December 19th. When do you think he will actually arrive?

Please vote at the poll on the right!

In other news, I met with our soon-t0-be pediatrician yesterday. It was great to meet with him and get a sense of what he feels is most important for our baby.

I was fairly certain we would get along just fine -- there was only 1 thing that made me nervous and necessitated this visit.

When I called to make the "meet and greet" appointment, I spoke with the doctor directly and he mentioned that meeting on Thursdays was best for him. Ok, that's fine by me.

However, he couldn't meet last Thursday because he was:

celebrating his mother's 100th BIRTHDAY!

That's great, except, well...how old must that make him?! I didn't want to start a relationship with a pediatrician who would be retiring next year or who seemed too out of touch and "set in his ways."

Thankfully that wasn't the case at all! He is certainly in his 60s (at least?), but seemed very, um, hardy? That seems like a weird way to put it, but is very true. I feel confident that he is on top of things and will be a great caretaker for my precious little one.

Plus, his office is right down the street from my house. :o) Let's not forget the practical side of things here.

Find a pediatrician, check. Another big item off the list!

Don't forget to vote and have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I voted for Dec 13 - Dec 18. Thanks for the shout out!

    Oh and I have I mentioned that our pediatrician (Dr. Ari Brown) is the same woman who wrote the Baby 411 book (which I love)?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you called last I looked at Ryan and was like "Oh! It's Emily...maybe it's time!" hahaha He just stared me down when I answered. Needless to say it wasn't time, but we're ready to hear whenever the time comes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails