Monday, November 16, 2009

my honeydew, his honey-do

I'm lucky to be in such an equitable marriage. This week featuring his and her honeydews (-do).

The bean is 35 weeks! He is now about the size of a honeydew melon, weighing in at 5.25 lbs and over 18 inches long.



He has been rolling and kicking and punching like a UFC champ in there. I know all that movement should be reassuring (and it is), but sometimes it gets so violent it feels like he's having a seizure or something. Should I be worried?

I had a terrible night's sleep last night and really noticed how awake he was as well. Do I normally just sleep through all his movements or was I keeping him up? Chicken or the egg, I suppose.

Last night I woke up at 1:30 to go to the bathroom and suddenly was awake. Like wide awake. What do you do in that situation? I considered going downstairs to empty the dishwasher or do other small chores, but was afraid that would just fuel the fire and keep my brain awake. I opted for laying in bed staring at the wall. Not much better.

The great news is that the bean could be born at any time now and be perfectly healthy! The next few weeks will be spent putting on weight, but little else. His vital organs are all accounted for and his lungs should be ready for lots of breathing and crying.

Only 2 more weeks until we're officially "full-term" -- after that I'm ready whenever he is!

Drew and I have both been working feverishly to finish up our baby readiness "to-do" lists over the past few weeks. Daddy-to-be has been especially busy. He got the infant carseat installed this week, so that will be ready for a little boy whenever he decides that he's tired of riding with me.

We just need to get it inspected by the firefighters. Who else thinks that is a completely random service they provide? I'm glad they do -- it just seems strange to me!

Drew also patiently helped me pack my labor and hospital stay bags. I was pretty indecisive about a few items. I hate, hate overpacking, but there are so many unknowns with this trip that I don't want to be there wishing I had something and not have it.

That being the case we're going to need a bellhop cart to get to the maternity floor.

However, it also means that I have all my bags packed! Our childbirth education instructors strongly suggested that we do it early, so I'm all over that. We also have the diaper bag packed for little bean's first days.

I feel like I have a lot to say today, but will stop now.

If you're still with me, thanks!

More to come...

3 comments:

  1. It is getting so close for the both of us! Please share what you packed in your hospital bag! :) I am completely clueless as to what I need and when I start it, I get frustrated and walk away! Ha! I just don't want to over pack as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you said that about his movements! Our little girl is moving a lot and in a way that also can only be described as 'seizure-like', so rest assured I think it's normal! It's very strange though, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha. That's so funny that your hospital bag is packed. About an hour ago I threw some things in a bag.....however like you, with Sophie I was packed 2 months early :) All I packed was Brynn's coming home outfit/diaper and a blanket. Comfy nursing top for after she is born and a come home outfit for me (very loose sweats.....you will still be the size you were at aprx 5 mo pregnant...don't set yourself up thinking you will fit into your pre-prego jeans). I also have some warm socks - the delivery room is COLD!! and a book to read...if I get time. On our way to the hosp I will throw in some toiletries and call it good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails