Tuesday, November 10, 2009

34 weeks

Most ridiculous pregnancy fear to date:

If someone poked me with a pin, I'm fairly confident that my belly would burst and the baby would go shooting across the room.

Crazy, I know. But, seriously, you need to feel this thing. My bump is so tight -- hopefully it's anti-burst.

Drew and I call it the torpedo. If we didn't know via ultrasound that we were having a boy, I'd be fairly confident at this point. He is carrying high and very tight -- just like all the old wives tales claim. I have to be careful in sporting goods stores so no one thinks I'm trying to smuggle out a basketball. Or a watermelon.

By the way, I'm fully aware of how much I will miss this tight belly once the baby is born and it deflates into a spare tire!

At 34 weeks, the bean and I have a pretty good system worked out. He pokes me in the bladder as a reminder that I need to remove his waste products (and I do). Somehow the baby knows that pregnancy brains are very forgetful, so he's kind enough to remind me of what needs to be done. In return I get to buy cute baby clothes.

Very symbiotic.



I can't believe there are only 6 weeks to go!! Fewer than 40 days at this point. Drew reminded me this morning that I only have 22 days of work left. That's just crazy. I know I'm about to start a whole new job (only without pay. and requiring about 148 more hours per week), but still, it feels strange to know that I won't be getting up and going to work every day.



I'm so excited to start this new journey with the bean!



How far along: 34 weeks
Net weight gain: 18 lbs.
Maternity clothes: still love them. I don't want to give back my elastic waistbands ever.
Stretch marks: still lucky
Belly button: turkey timer
Sleep: getting worse. Lots of tossing and turning.
Baby movement: yes, oh yes.
Food cravings: fresh pineapple
Food aversions: still don't like chicken breasts very much. Hopefully this eases up after the birth.
What I miss: fully caffeinated coffee
Looking forward to: packing my labor and hospital stay bags
Best moment this week: checking a bunch of baby prep items off my to-do list!
Milestones: the bean is over 95% likely to be perfect fine if born at any time!

2 comments:

  1. Very high and very tight... yep -- right there with you!! :-)

    Our baby furniture is supposed to arrive this week, so hopefully I'll have pictures of our baby's room soon to post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting your blog for the first time, and I had to tell you how great you look! But if you think you're a torpedo, you ain't seen nothing yet! Just wait until the baby drops-- that's when you know you're about to deliver, when that belly really sticks out :)

    I grew up right outside Cleveland-- I miss that area!

    ~Elizabeth
    http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails