Monday, November 23, 2009

melon, what?

A few days ago the bean turned 36 weeks!

Less than 30 days to go -- wow. I'm feeling a mixed bag of excited and anxious. Drew helps a lot with the excited part because he is so excited to meet the bean. He claims I've been "hogging" him so far and is anxious to get his hands on the little guy.

I think that most of my anxiety revolves around what life will be like post-birth. Sure, I'm nervous about the labor and delivery portion of things, but I recognize that for the brief time that it is. At some point not too long after the big push (-es), those doctors and nurses will actually let us take him home.

As in out of the hospital. Away from people who know what the heck they're doing.

However, in the words of our new pediatrician,

Some anxiety is good. If you aren't a little anxious, you probably aren't a good parent. Parents who are too laid back don't check on their babies when the kids are really quiet for a long time. That's bad.

Haha -- I guess things will be ok.

I'm so grateful that both my parents and Drew's parents are planning to be available (at different times) to help us get settled and comfortable at home once baby bean arrives. That's the backup I need!

This week baby boy is the size of a crenshaw melon.



Seriously? A what?

I'm getting impatient with these silly comparisons. However, with only 4 weeks to go my OCD won't let me stop posting them now. Sorry everyone.

The baby now weighs about 6 pounds and is 18.5 inches long. From here on out he will be gaining about 0.5 ounce every day!

This afternoon starts my every week OB visits. Today we're going to check the baby's position to make sure he is head down and ready to exit. My OB is also going to do an internal exam and see if I'm starting to progress at all.

Since this is extremely personal information you can be sure I'll post it here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails