Friday, November 13, 2009

which way to the Emerald City again?

Based on some recommendations by certain people in my life {hi, Moms!} I bit the bullet and bought some nursing bras.

With only 6 weeks to go this seemed like a good time to get prepared.

I don't know about you, but shopping is usually a fun activity for me. There are, however, certain items which I avoid having to find at all cost. The following make the short list:

1) jeans
2) swimsuits
3) bras

Finding a bra that is comfortable, fits well, supports the goods, looks nice, and won't zero out my bank account is NOT easy, in my humble {yet experienced} opinion.

And that's under completely normal circumstances.

Now add in the fact that nursing bras need to be functional, durable, comfortable, and, oh yeah, a mystery size.

When I started looking for options and realized how many additional conditions they had to fill I almost gave up. Plus, it turns out that very few stores in my area stock nursing bras, so I would have to order them online.

Are you kidding me??

I'm expected to order online something that is a very specific size in a brand and style I've never worn before?

Who else smells disaster?

Just when apathy towards the whole situation was setting in and I found my mind wandering off towards what was for dinner the bean gave me a swift kick. That quickly reminded me that he's not going to feed himself and getting this task done really will be for my convenience and comfort.

So, I started my research. If you know me, you'll know that I research everything extensively. In fact, it's amazing I can come to decisions at all since one path typically leads to another.

Stupid Google. You get me lost down the decision tree of life all. the. time. I would be much better off with more yellow brick road and less Name Your Adventure.

At any rate, I finally found some that looked really promising! Since every website I visited touted how much your size will change from...

pre-pregnancy to pregnancy to 3rd trimester pregnancy to birth day to Day 3 post-birth (here comes the milk!) to breastfeeding at Week 6 (stability)

...I decided to go with the Bravado Original Nursing bra that promises to fit several band and cup sizes. Perfect for the transition time between late pregnancy and the size stability that comes with breastfeeding consistently. Once things settle down I'll invest in a few that are a more specific size.

Ordering bras online still seemed like a bit of crap shoot to me, but with no other options I did it. They came the other day and I couldn't be happier! The size is snug in a good way, but with obvious room to grow. Perfect.

Last night I decided to take one on a test run and see how it did overnight. Oh my, I'm in love. I might have to start sleeping in them all the time.

I have no idea how well it will work out when the instigator of this whole adventure comes on the scene. But you can be sure I'll let you know. Because after this post it's clear that I've lost all inhibitions I once had.

:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails