Thursday, October 1, 2009

odds and ends

There are a few things I've mentioned in past posts that I wanted to update today.

Do you remember a few weeks ago when I posted about people at my work leaving a week's worth of lunch ingredients in the shared refrigerator?

Well...it hasn't changed. Which is fine. I didn't expect it to. I vented a little here, but never said anything to the masses because, frankly, it doesn't bother me much. Mostly I just thought it was funny (and a little silly).

But.

You know what did happen today at work that actually made me MAD? Like irrational pregnant woman MAD??!

I often bring a box of Lean Pockets into work and leave them in the freezer. There are 2 pockets per box and I'll eat them one day after another. This might seem a little hypocritical since I was complaining about other people doing this kind of thing, but since it was only 1 Lean Pocket (in the empty freezer, no less) it didn't seem as bad.

Well, today I came in and SOMEONE HAD EATEN MY OTHER POCKET.

That's right...they ate the remaining Lean Pocket and left the empty box in the freezer.

What?!! Who does that? Don't they know what happens when pregnant women go to retrieve their lunch and find it gone?!

Fortunately (for them) I don't know who did it or they would taste my pain.

{This is me being tough}

In reality, I just left a note on the empty box asking whoever ate it to replace it. I don't think that's asking too much.

All I can say is that I hope they were truly hungry and without money. Otherwise that's just wrong.

Ok, venting over.

On to some good updates!

Last Saturday I was bemoaning the state of my fall maternity wardrobe. Well, on Sunday I found myself back at the mall to return an item that didn't fit and ran across the motherload {no pun intended}.

I'm not sure where I was looking the day before, but Gap Maternity had a TON of long sleeved shirts and sweaters on sale + an extra 25% off!! I managed to bulk up my wardrobe with some warmer stuff for about $8 a shirt. Yay!

Finally, I have some names to add to the guess list...

Katie threw out there:

Cade
Nathan
Landry

Erin is waiting to "get a sense of him from his kicks" when I see her this weekend before making any guesses. Good call, Aunt Erin!

So, some good updates, some grr....

The weekend and my shower are almost here. Can't be upset with that!

2 comments:

  1. OMGOSH Id be SO mad if someone ate my lean pocket!! WHO DOES THAT???!!! I hope that they do replace it. and on that thought- you should set up a hidden camera to find out who it was and then confront them! :) okay, jk but it'd would be funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. A full fledge investigation would have begun with a bloodhound and DNA swaps and fingerprints being dusted for off that box...I pity the fool who eats a pregnant women's food!

    I can't remember if these names were on the previous post but how about Hunter or Conner?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails