Wednesday, October 28, 2009

faux-nursing tops

I've begun searching high and low for shirts that I'll wear when the baby is born and finally home with us!

Why do I need new shirts? Well, mostly because I need something that will allow me to nurse (frequently) without completely disrobing everytime. I'm going to be in the hospital, then spending a lot of time at home, so I don't want to invest in a lot of nice nursing tops yet. That comes later, assuming everything works out eating-wise between the bean and me.

There are just a few, simple qualifications that I require:

1) comfortable
2) easy hooter access for a hungry bean
3) inexpensive -- I'm envisioning a lot of spit up and/or leaking here
4) nice enough looking for photos, visitors, and/or an emergency trip to the grocery store

Is this really too much to ask??

I thought finding this item sounded like a pretty easy task.

Why am I so darn naive all the time?

Drew and I spent some time on Saturday looking all over the place for something, anything that would fit the bill.

By the time we got to Wal-Mart (home of all things inexpensive, yet practical) I was really tired, but confident what I needed was within the hallowed blue walls.

After scouring the pajama section to no avail I was ready to give up and go home.

Drew offered to run to the back of the store to pick up some cleaning products we needed while I rested on the cart by check-out. 10 minutes later he still wasn't back and I was beginning to get irritated.

How long does it take to find Lysol? Doesn't he know that we're working on hour 8 of shopping and I'm pregnant?!

Then, like a mirage in the desert, came my prince charming -- not on a white horse -- but even better, carrying a shirt (and Lysol).

Not just any shirt, but THE shirt. The perfect top that I'd been searching for. Here it is:



Notice the snaps that go to the navel. That's awesome.



I almost teared up right there next to the giant mechanical Frankenstein calling to me to "scare him if I can."

Drew actually went through the women's department and looked closely at all the shirts hoping to find the one I needed.

He's so wonderful.

And perhaps just a little magical.

2 comments:

  1. That's too much, Drew is so wonderful! I'm sure Ryan's suggestion would be just to forgo the top all together and let the little one have access whenever he/she needed! Who needs a top when you're at home! I'm not sure the grocery store clerks would appreciate that too much though. I'm so glad Drew was able to save you!

    A new name suggestions: Nolan (nickname: Nole)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome of your hubby! I have been having the same problem...so maybe no i will go look at Walmart! What a perfect ending to such a long day huh?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails