Friday, October 16, 2009

marathon woman

Did I mention that last Saturday my sister, Erin, ran a marathon?

That's right, the whole 26.2 miles!

She's so amazing. And looks good doing it.

Drew and I weren't able to be there since we live in Cleveland and the race was in Baltimore. The bean and I are done with long distance travels until he can sit in his own seat.

My parents were both there and took some great photos for me.

Erin made it the halfway point and was still looking really strong.



Go Erin Go!

Some miles later she's still running. This impresses me deeply.



Finally, 4 hours and 48 minutes later, she crosses the finish line!!



Woo-hoo!

I can't imagine running for almost 5 hours.

I'm trying to think of other things I've done for 5 hours that seem interminable.

1) driving from Cleveland to Bucknell
2) running 2 batches of PCR
3) watching (most of) 2 football games

These seem long and I'm just sitting on my rear. She was RUNNING the whole time. Oh my.

Erin ran with a group from her church to raise money for World Vision. Everyone else in the group actually ran the 1/2 marathon, but they were able to raise $2000 for World Vision's clean water initiative. That's so awesome!



Check out the video that Erin's husband Ryan made of the event. You might notice a dapper gentleman towards the end in runner's gear wearing a "Go, Erin, Go" sign on his chest -- that's our Dad. He ran 8 miles with her towards the end.

Ryan added music and there's some good dialogue, so turn up your sound!




Love you, Erin! Great job!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I think the pregnancy hormones have officially taken over my brain because I was choked up watching that video! I'm excited and I don't even know your sister!

    Impressive...I'm not sure I would last 1 mile!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails