Wednesday, October 7, 2009

29 weeks

29 weeks has been pretty packed so far.

First the bean and I had our wonderful baby shower with Drew's family over the weekend!

{That was the good part}

Then we ended up sick with a nasty cold and had to miss work yesterday. I think it feels worse to be sick while pregnant for a couple of reasons:

1) you can't take much medicine to numb relieve the congestion
2) you can only drink extra water to help soothe sore throats
3) drinking extra water means that you're up and out of bed even more than usual because a non-sick baby is dancing on your bladder

{That was the bad part}

Now tonight Drew and I go to our first childbirth education class! We're both a little nervous, but really excited. I'm not exactly sure what to expect, but it definitely makes things feel more real. So far I've been able to ignore a lot of the nitty gritty as to how this bean will make his big debut, but I think that blissful time is about to end. I know it's better to be prepared, but there's some stuff I'd just rather not think about!





How far along: 29 weeks
Net weight gain/loss: up 13 lbs.
Maternity clothes: yes and yes
Stretch marks: so far so good
Belly button: I'm going to call it a draw. Innie is an understatement and outie is an overstatement.
Sleep: not too bad. Sleeping on 1 hip all of the time is starting to take its toll
Baby movement: yes!
Food cravings: pumpkin pecan ice cream
Food aversions: not too much these days
What I miss: full strength cold medicine
Looking forward to: our first childbirth class
Best moment this week: baby shower!
Milestones: the bean and I survived 14 hours in the car over the weekend. This was our last long trip before he arrives!

Also, we have more name guesses:

Connor
Hunter
Theodore (Theo)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails