Friday, October 23, 2009

favorite thing friday


If there's one thing that disappointed me the most about moving west of Harrisburg, it was losing Turkey Hill ice cream.

They have the best Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup flavor that I've ever had.



Normally I'm not a big ice cream fan. I like it as an occasional treat, but typically prefer getting a cone at the shop, rather than constantly having 1/2 gallons in the freezer.

Not the case with this little tub of delicousness.

I'm lactose intolerant and require Lactaid pills before I can drink milk or eat anything dairy, so the fact that I'm willing to actually take the pills in order to have a snack speaks volumes.

One of the best days of my life (preceded slightly by finding out I was pregnant and seeing the bean on the ultrasound) was when I found this ice cream at our local grocery store.

It's here all the time!!

But I still only buy it on sale because too much of a good thing could definitely go bad.

At least for my hips.

3 comments:

  1. :) I'm lactose intolerant too...I understand the depth of love to take pills to eat your favorite ice cream...funny story...I was eating my favorite when my water broke (at home). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to bring this to your attention the other day, but if you have never experienced the greatness that is Graeter's Ice Cream, run, DO NOT WALK, to your nearest location. It's AMAZING. When I worked in NYC, my boss had in excess of 100 pints shipped in each summer (for entertaining - she didn't actually eat). Most of it is still sitting on my hips!

    Here's the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I just came across your blog and wanted to share my site with you since you have a baby on the way! (if its a girl! :)
    www.sugarandspice4baby.blogspot.com
    www.sugarandspice1.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails