Wednesday, October 14, 2009

baby boy shower!

Last Saturday, Drew and I were thrown another shower for the bean!




This one was from our friends here in Cleveland. The best part, I think, was that for the first time, Drew was able to be a part of the festivities.

I don't know how many of you have experienced the "Co-ed Baby Shower" but I have to highly recommend it. We had so much fun! The guys really added a special something.

Hi, Karen and (hungry) Carl!



Check out the gorgeous cupcakes that Michelle made for us. She's such a talented baker!



Karen and I enjoying the delicious snacks, yum...





We played a bunch of fantastic baby games. This was the part where having the guys around really made it great.

Throughout the shower we were playing the game where you can't say "baby" or whoever catches you saying it can take your clothes pin (we started with 5 each). I stink at this game and was anxious to be rid of my pins just for the freedom of speech that would allow. Some people, however, (hmph, Amy) were very good at it and amassed quite the collection.



The men were especially adept at coming up with "baby" synonyms. I'm pretty sure I heard something about "Fetus Wilkinson" once or twice. :o)

We also had a diapering relay race. I was the judge. Mostly because I can't get up and down off the floor fast enough. None of the teams wanted my handicap.



As judge, I felt it was my duty to penalize teams that pulled the diaper off in any way that would result in poo on my shoes, had this been a real diapering experience. Some of the guys, especially, weren't interested in undoing the tabs and would simply yank it off past the feet in 1 swift motion.

Poor dolly lost her shoe at one point. But Carl fixed her back up.



Sharon came through as the MVP at the end and brought it home for Team 2.



Way to go.

My favorite game came at the end. We were given diapers full of "surprises" and had to guess what kind of candy it used to be. This was pretty nasty -- especially when Blake couldn't decide whether Diaper #3 had been a Kit Kat or 3 Musketeers and had to go in for the taste test.



Good thing I'm not still nauseous all the time or that one would have pushed me over the edge.

Then, on top of all this, they got us presents! We received a lot of wonderful baby items -- bath toys, a stuffed elephant, a toilet trainer, rattles, and lots of other great stuff.



Drew and I feel so lucky to have such great friends here. Moving as often as we have makes it hard to feel confident that you'll always be able to meet people. I'm so glad that we and the bean have friends here who love us!

Once the guys retreated to the yard for cornhole and beer, the girls were talking about baby names. Since the bean's name is going to be a birth day surprise, everyone was trying to guess what it will be. Drew and I decided that everyone could have 1 guess and if someone got it right then we'd tell them.

None of the official guesses were right, but I will tell you that I heard the name mentioned in a separate conversation! They weren't talking to me, so I kept quiet, but it wasn't easy!

That's all I'll say about it -- come December someone will find out that they guessed right!

Thanks again everyone, we had such a wonderful time! Now we're just waiting to throw a shower for whoever is next... :o)

3 comments:

  1. Your baby is a very lucky baby! You've had more baby showers than anyone else I've ever seen :) Which means that both of you are loved by alot of people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Co-ed baby showers sound like a lot of fun ! :) I'll have to keep that in mind for the future !! oh and PS IM DYING TO HEAR THE NAME!!!!!!!!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shower pictures! I love the clothes pin game, we played it at my showers too.
    We must have pretty close to the same due date. When is yours? Mine is Dec. 21st. :) Hope your pregnancy is going well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails