Thursday, October 29, 2009

deliver me from...

Remember last week when I told you that our childbirth education class got cancelled because the instructor was sick? Well, last night we were back on track with Class 3, Pushing and Delivery.

So far we've gone over:

1) The Stages of Labor
2) Comfort Options (still love that title)
3) Pushing and Delivery

Next week was suppose to be our last class, but since we're a week behind and they don't want any of our "close-callers" having their babies before the series is through they decided to hold the make-up class on Tuesday night.

Plus, I signed up a long time ago to take a Breastfeeding Class on Thursday night.

That means I have 7.5 hours of baby classes next week!

So if you need me on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday between 7-9:30pm, I'll be at MetroHealth, learning about my newborn, taking a tour of L&D, and learning about all the new and exciting things my "things" will do.

This is a little intense.

I'm glad to be preparing as much as possible, but I do have some constructive criticism for the program in general.

Mostly, please time the sessions better. There hasn't been a single night yet where we've gone over all the material AND finished on time. Normally that's not a big deal, but when you've worked all day and then sat through 1.5hrs of class you just want to finish at 9:30 and go home to bed.

Last night the instructor must have told us 10 times how vitally important the breathing and relaxation techniques we would learn will be during labor.

Then she squeezed it into the last (extra) 1/2 hour of class. We didn't finish until after 10 and I know we missed stuff. Drew and I took as many notes as possible and will practice on our own at home.

Hopefully that will be good enough!

All in all, I'm glad we are taking these classes. Being prepared, even a little, has to be better than going in with no idea what to expect.

If all else fails, there's always the epidural. :o)

1 comment:

  1. I don't think that it is a big deal. People never know, it could be a hand me down, it could be because you like pink, who cares, it carries your baby and that is what it is meant to do.
    Have you tried Ebay or craigslist.com for a slightly used one? They might have boy colors, if you are worried what people would think.
    My hubby would probably not wear the pink anyway, he never carried my pink diaper bag, even if it was a knock off designer. Oh well, men will be men!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails