Monday, October 26, 2009

jicama hilarity

My baby is a jicama!


I have no idea what this is!

No clue how heavy it feels or how you cook with one!

(I'm assuming you cook it somehow)

But, nonetheless, the bean is a jicama.

Which means that he is about 3.75 pounds and 16.7 inches long.

Drew and I were both amazed over the weekend at how much he MOVES. His parts are constently pushing my belly in all directions. I don't want to push back too strongly, but I'm astonished by how hard his back (?) head (?) shoulders (?) are. I have no clue what parts are so hard, but it's very impressive.

The bean has fewer than 8 weeks to keep growing inside me. That's unbelievable! I love having him safe in there, but when his time is up there will be a hasty evicition.

Consider this your notice.

At this point he still needs to gain more weight and develop the lungs a bit more, but all other systems are a go. Nice job, bean.

Can't wait to meet you love bug!

2 comments:

  1. We explored this "jicama" thing in my weight watchers meeting a couple weeks ago. When you eat it raw, it has the consistancy of a raw potato, but kind of reminds me of an apple (taste-wise), just not juicy at all. A cup of it is 0 points, which is music to the ears of a weight watchers participant. I haven't seen any recipes for it yet!

    Just thought I'd add my two cents! Glad things are progressing well in your pregnancy! You look great in the pics of your showers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment just got chosen for the Faith Baby Giveaway on http://www.4tunate.net

    Sooooo excited!

    Could you please send me your contact info in an email to quatro_mama AT yahoo DOT net and I'll get it to the wonderful staff at Faith Baby!

    Congratulations! What a perfect prize for your little one on the way!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails