Tuesday, October 6, 2009

when it showers, it pours

This weekend Drew and I made the big trek across Pennsylvania to New Jersey to visit with his family and attend my baby shower!

Drew made an appearance at the end to help load up the gifts. Good Daddy-ing so far!



My wonderful mother-in-law threw an amazing shower for the bean and I on Saturday. You are so good to us -- we love you, Mom!





I also want to thank my soon to be sister-in-law, Lisa, for taking all of these photos and helping to plan the shower. We can't wait to introduce the bean to our extended family at your wedding next spring!



The bean would like to say hello to Aunt Raegan and Ali. He'd also like to congratulate Ali on her fabulous 'tude. :o)



How beautiful is the bean's great-grandma Stella? I hope I look this great in my eighties!



My mother-in-law, Linda, put so much effort into every detail. I love the idea of having a onesie clothes line. The bean is all set with onesies now!



Isn't the cake lovely? It matched the invitation design perfectly.



I also really liked the centerpieces and mum-filled tummy tub.





The game we played was based on this blog! Everyone had to fill in the blanks on fruits/veggies that I posted here to represent the bean at different weeks. How fun! Erin has been following the bean on here since the very beginning and totally deserved to win. :o)



One of the best things about the shower was the fact that my mom and sisters were all able to attend! Seeing as how they all live 3+ hours away I was totally surprised (but really excited!) that they could make it.



Ever since my sister, Erin, came back to the brunette camp from being a blonde she and I have really starting looking more alike. We grew up hearing "are you twins?" all the time -- this weekend was quite a flashback to that! My favorite part was when Grandpa Lewentowicz tried to give her a hug. She loves to hug, but was a little surprised! He realized pretty quickly that she wasn't me, but it was still a hoot.

What do you think...do we look alike?



It was also fun to see my girlfriends from Bucknell! Thanks for coming Emily, Jessica, and Betsy! It's been way too long since we were able to get together. The bean is lucky to have such great "aunts" to be!



How adorable are these "Got Milk" booties from Emily O?! Love them!



I was totally overwhelmed by the pile of gifts. There are literally only a handful of items that we need before welcoming baby boy in December. Our friends and family are so generous!



The bean has 3 uncles (Daddy's brothers) and can't wait to wear this bib that they got him!



Check out the amazing diaper cake! Wow, just wow. Drew's cousin, Kim, actually made it for us. If you can believe it, this is the first one she's ever made. I was really, really impressed!! That night we had to take it apart to get everything packed in the car and Drew and Erin ended up unrolling every diaper. There were....216! Thanks, Kim! I think we'll be good on diapers for a little while. :o)





I love this blanket that my Mom crocheted for her grandson. I'm a little afraid to use it -- it's so beautiful! This will be such a wonderful keepsake for the bean.





I feel incredibly blessed to have family and friends who already love the bean and care deeply for him. Thanks to everyone who showered the bean and I with love this weekend. We love you all, too!

5 comments:

  1. The baby shower looks lovely!

    I can't wait for you to have this baby so I can finally know his name :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know the beans name too! I'm going to keep thinking about it until I give another round of guesses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! I have two small showers coming up later this month, and I am SO excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, even grandfathers can now be informed of the secret society of baby showers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hoping to read more from you. I think you have great insight and vision. I am highly impressed with this information. adult onesie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails