Tuesday, October 27, 2009

32 weeks

Fewer than 8 weeks to go now.



Before American Idol is on the air again, I'll have baby at home.

Wow.

There's really nothing like AI to put things in perspective!



Yesterday was another bi-weekly doctor's visit. The bean and I breezed through like the pros that we now are. Baby W has a very strong heartbeat and is happily growing in there. I'm measuring exactly 32cm, so we're right on track.

I also got the official news that my doctor won't let me go more than 1 week overdue, so one way or another the bean will be born by December 26th. All I've got to say about that is he's got a pretty darn adorable Christmas outfit waiting at home, so he'd better make an appearance before then.

How far along: 32 weeks
Net weight gain: 17 lbs.
Maternity clothes: I've started looking for some nursing tops to add to the mix -- any recommendations?
Stretch marks: not yet
Belly button: gentle outie
Sleep: good for the most part
Baby movement: getting more predictable -- he definitely has a wake/sleep pattern
Food cravings: pumpkin cupcakes with maple frosting AND apple cider!
Food aversions: nothing. I love food.
What I miss: breathing through my nose at night. This congestion has to stop.
Looking forward to: starting the baby quilt (who am I kidding...will that ever get started?)
Best moment this week: getting the H1N1 vaccine. This was a big worry on me, so I'm really grateful that Drew and I were both able to get one.
Milestones: the bean's diaphragm has to be working because he gets the hiccups everyday

2 comments:

  1. I *heart* nursing tops! :) I know that not everyone likes them, but I really love them, for the ease of nursing, but more so, because they are designed to accommodate the...ahem...larger...nursing...you know...I found it very frustrating to find tops that fit my top and the rest of me without looking totally awkward, and nursing tops are designed well that way. Most of mine are from Motherhood...I wore the ones with the empire waist in the beginning, which were nice because tight things on a healing body are not fun...and then the ones that are "ruched" on the sides later (they seemed more like normal shirts to me...looked more fitted, but still disguises parts I am working on getting back in shape). :) Hope this helps...

    Oh, also, I bought a nursing sports bra for the beginning, and LOVED it...I was so swollen in the beginning and even regular nursing bras were really uncomfortable...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should head on over to my blog and check out the award I gave you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails