Monday, October 19, 2009

orange you glad...remix

Remember 16 weeks ago when the bean was the size of an orange?

Well, at 31 weeks, now he's about the size of 4 oranges!



At 3.3 pounds and 16 inches long the bean is really making some progress. He's definitely getting bigger, but we aren't very close to meeting him just yet. The bean is still riding high and tight (like a good military haircut) and cutting off my breathing quite effectively.

I'm not sure whether I prefer to be breathless (now) or in the bathroom even more (when he drops onto my bladder).

I'll let you know.

Over the weekend Drew attended Daddy Bootcamp at our hospital and met several new dads and their babies. While Drew didn't get a lot of hands on baby care experience (no diaper changes, no feedings) he did a chance to hear about their experiences through the birth and first few weeks at home. I think this advice is the best!

I love hearing from current moms about their birth stories and how they dealt with having a newborn for the first time. It seems like a great idea for dads to have that same opportunity. Hopefully having talked with other first time dads will prove to be helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails