Friday, October 30, 2009

eavesdroppers laugh the hardest

So, despite the title of this post, I would just like to clarify that I was NOT eavesdropping when I overheard this conversation.

Sure, I wasn't directly involved in the conversation and I might have turned off my radio so I could hear more clearly, but it was held in the open lab with no attempt at privacy.

That makes it ok to repeat here, right??

:o)

The other day I accidentally overheard a really funny conversation between my boss and a co-worker. The beginning was pretty boring, but to give you some context, they were talking about sharing or not sharing certain information with someone on the business side of things (as opposed to the research side, which is where we work).

The conversation went something like this,

Boss: I'm not sure whether to tell Jerry about this or not.

Co-worker: Well it is personal, so I guess it's up to you ultimately.

B: This could effect the lab as a whole at some point -- I'm just not sure if I'm ready to share the news with him yet because he might take it too far.

C-w: Jerry does have a way of doing that.

B: I know. When I was growing up I went to Catholic school and the Jesuits taught me that "if someone isn't worthy of the whole truth, then you don't need to tell them the whole truth."

C-w (who's a Catholic deacon): Really? The Jesuits taught you that?

B: Hmm...

C-w: Because I'm pretty sure they would consider that placing judgement on someone's worth and they don't tend to encourage that.

B: Well, it was definitely either the Jesuits or my Fraternity president.


I swear, you can't make this stuff up.

I often confuse my religious leaders with beer guzzling party planners....don't you?

Happy Friday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Now, that is funny! hehehee...I would've turned down the radio, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails