Tuesday, September 28, 2010

new best friends

Asher just made a new best friend.

I mean he literally made a new best friend...

at the Build-A-Bear Workshop!


Ash's Grammy and PopPop took him into Build-a-Bear yesterday and helped him pick out, stuff, and bring home his first teddy bear. 

Please meet Teddy. 


{No, Teddy wasn't Asher's first word - I admit, I named him :o)}

Have you been to Build-A-Bear?  It's so cute!  First you get to pick out your friend - they have all kinds of stuffed animals.  I wanted Asher to have a classic bear for his first stuffed friend.  He can come back in a year or so to pick out whoever he wants then!

My Mom really came through for A and pointed out that our Teddy was a great choice because he is made with sewn eyes, rather than glass ones.  This is important for babies because if the glass ones pop off a little guy could choke.  I never would have thought of this!  Way to go, Grammy.



Of course, I completely forgot to get out my camera during our 'creation' process.  All you really missed was Asher crying when the stuffing machine fired up. 

Terror wasn't really the reaction we were going for, but what can you do?  PopPop took him for a little walk around the shop while I finished getting Teddy full of stuffing.  Asher came back to blow a kiss on Teddy's heart and put it inside him.

After that we filled in Teddy's birth certificate to make it all official.



Then we got to bring him home!



New best friends!


I really hope Asher ends up loving on Mr. Teddy for a long time.  Every boy needs a buddy for when Mommy isn't available.


Thanks Grammy and PopPop!

5 comments:

  1. I love build-a-bear. Presley has 3..yes, 3!I..I mean SHE...has so much fun picking out the bears and clothes etc. Teddy and Asher look so cute sitting next to each other. I also love the pic of you two:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to take Seraya there! By the way, love the pic of you and Asher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet pic of mommy & baby!! :)

    I have avoided Build-a-Bear but I know we will have to visit it eventually!!!! I have a teddy bear that I received as a gift when I was a child and I love it, mainly for that reason!!! I know Asher will love Teddy forever!!! Very cool! B hasn't taken to any stuffed animals yet... still waiting for him to choose his best buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks so cute with his new bear! I LOVE Build a Bear, I've been once, but I can't wait to take Connor too :) Oh what fun these boys are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Welcome, Teddy!

    We got Ava a build-a-bear for her Christening and named her Claire Bear. She's wearing a wedding gown because it's the closest looking thing to a Christening gown. And also because I was hoping David would get the hint... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails