Tuesday, September 7, 2010

life's a beach - happy birthday!

Part of our beach vacation included a birthday party for Grandpa Gene!


He recently celebrated his 60th birthday {along with Snoopy} and this was the perfect time for us all to celebrate this milestone.  Many of Drew's aunts / uncles / cousins live nearby so they were able to come down for the big party.


There were also sooo many babies there!  Unfortunately, I didn't get too many photos because I was trying to keep an eye on Asher.

We did, however, get some photos of the mass of boys during the few minutes that they were all sitting sit.

How many Wilkinson boys can you spot?


Drew has 4 brothers.

His older brother has 2 sons.

Drew's cousin Ken has 3 sons.

We have Asher.


That's a grand total of 10!

That's a lot of Wilkinson boys in one place!

Grandpa Gene is an avid golfer and had this awesome cake.  It was ridiculously heavy - 2 layers of chocolate cake with a canoli cream filling.  Yum, yum, yum.  Yes, I know it was "dairy intense" but I had to indulge a little.  Asher didn't have a reaction, so I'm hoping when I go back on dairy in a few weeks it will be a smooth transition!


Maybe next year we'll run the grill for you.


By the way, you totally rock the Amish beard.  Hey, you're 60 - do whatever you want.  :o)


Happy birthday Grandpa / Dad!  It was great to get to celebrate you!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew the cake filling was canoli cream! Carol, Ryan, and I were all trying to figure it out, but I was pretty sure that it was canoli...I know my sweets! It was delicious!

    Happy Birthday Gene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I love the ones of A and his cousins. Too cute!! I'm so glad you had this wonderful week full of family and great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to get together with so many other babies/kids!!!! I thought that little boy standing was Asher {in the group pic}!!!! I was like wow!!! Asher is standing on his own already? Hehe. That is a lot of boys!!!! Time for you to tip the ratio with a little baby girl. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man... I guess boys run in the family! Oh and that cake...don't even get me started. Looks delish and now I NEED something chocolate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh - so many boys! I wish there were other babies in our family and that they were close, but alas, none for a while probably.

    That cake looks awesome. I would've indulged too! ;)

    And can I just say that Drew looks like his mom??? Holy cow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails