Sunday, September 19, 2010

dairy-tacular

I'm back!

I'm back!

I'm back on dairy!!

Asher's pediatric GI said that we should start incorporating dairy back into my diet when Asher turned 9 months old and see how he does.  I didn't waste any time and started {slowly} having dairy again last week.

It wouldn't be an exaggeration at all to say that it's made my year to be back amongst the dairy.

{Asher was born in 2009, so I can say that and not lose my mother of the year award}

I think Ben & Jerry's Phish Food frozen yogurt is the BEST food ever invented.  I could eat it all day long.  In fact, yesterday I did.

And Emily looked upon the empty pint and saw that it was good.  Oh, so good.

So far, Asher's doing great with the addition of dairy.  I know it might take awhile for his system to become irritated enough to start showing blood in his poo again, so I'll be, um, monitoring his diapers for the next few weeks.  If all remains well then we're on track to give A an oral dairy challenge once he turns a year old.

Wish us luck!

In other big news - Asher ate Puffs today!  All on his own!  He chewed them up and everything!  Yay, go Ash!

5 comments:

  1. Jealous. Oh, so jealous.

    A's going to be nine months next Tuesday, and I'll be starting to incorporate also...can't wait! There goes all my post-baby weight loss....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Puffs and an extra big YAY for dairy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you never know how much you missed it until you can have it again. I can remember the first time I had pizza with cheese when I was trialing milk back into my diet. It was a joyus occasion.

    i hope it goes well.

    has asher tried dairy himself? Augustine just started cheese and yogurt a few weeks ago. he does great on both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back to the Dairy realm!!!!
    I hope everything goes well with Asher and nothing shows in his poo!!!!

    Also, Go Asher & your puffs!!! We have recently started giving B more than just puffs since I noticed he has started getting better and better at chewing.. and it is so exciting to be able to share some of the yummy foods with him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for Puffs and HOORAY for Dairy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails