Wednesday, September 8, 2010

need advice - roly poly

So...it's advice time again!

Asher has this new trick where he wants to roll over on the changing table.


While I'm in the middle of changing his diaper.

We've had more than one porky pig incident, if you know what I mean.

{Remember Porky Pig?  Shirt, no pants?  Well, that's him}

All those months of encouraging him to roll over and now I need advice as to how to stop him from rolling over!

Any ideas?

I try to keep him safe.


But he can be pretty determined.



I guess I should note that he is always safe because I'm standing right there, but at the heart of the matter it IS dangerous to roll around on top of a dresser.


Not to mention how extremely annoying it is to try and wrestle a {literally} butt-naked baby down so I can strap a clean diaper on him.


At this age he doesn't understand "no" - even a firm "no" with a frowning face.  He just laughs.  The little stinker.

Maybe there is no solution right now, but if you have ideas I'm all ears!  Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. No ideas...I would imagine it's pretty similar to calf wrangling. At least that's what it feels like at my house. Also, we affectionately call it "porky piggin' it".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I change Ava on the floor on a changing pad for this very reason! That was the only solution I could come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I don't think there is any way to stop the rolling during diaper change...except, to learn to do it faster :) I give a washcloth to Cooper to preoccupy him...maybe, this will work with Asher?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving him to the floor on the changing pad was the only solution I found that worked. Now that Parker is crawling and pulling up on everything it has only gotten worse and turned in a WWF match every diaper change. Hope you have better luck than I do during diaper duty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a Mirror the shape of a sun that was part of our activity mat. I've been giving that to Jack while he's on the changing table and it seems to do the trick. Any toy to occupy him works well! He doesn't seem too interested in moving around while he's up there, thankfully. Now the bed is another story! He'd crawl right off it if I let him! :O

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jarrett's changer has a buckle on it, but I also dragged our guest bedroom mattress into the middle of the living room. I know that is horrible, but he rolled off the sofa & now I just let him roll around on the mattress. I just have to move it if we have company come over! You can always put a blanket down & change him on the floor too? If I have to walk out of the room, I usually put Jarrett in his walker. HE LOVES IT!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails