Sunday, September 5, 2010

where we've been

It's high time I let you all in on my secret.

Last week Drew and I took Asher to our annual family vacation on the New Jersey shore!


No, not Jersey Shore {I'd never knowingly expose a baby to the antics of Snookie and the gang}...this was the shore on Long Beach Island {also known as the beach, to all you non-New Jersey folks}.

Last year started the tradition of meeting up with Drew's family on the coast for a week of sun, sand, and fun.


And fun it was!  We had perfect weather for enjoying the beach - lots of sun, hardly any bugs.  There was some concern that Hurricane Earl might ruin the end of our trip, but he ended up skirting by with hardly a raindrop.


It's so hard for me to believe that just a year ago I was about 24 weeks pregnant with Asher.



This year was so, so different!  Vacationing with a baby is a whole new ballgame, but I think it went really well overall.  Ash had some tough times, but for the most part he did really well.  More details on the good, the bad, and the relaxing to come. 

The hardest part of traveling with an 8 month old was packing all the stuff he needed for a week away from home!  It was also different being "on duty" while on vacation.  We had lots of help from A's aunts/uncles/grandparents so Drew and I were able to relax and enjoy some time to ourselves.


There are a few specialty posts I want to do with details from our trip, but for now I'll leave you with some great photos from the week!





3 comments:

  1. How cute is he!! It is a lot of work traveling with a baby but I think after the first trip you learn more about what you really need, could live without or should've brought. Can't wait to see more pictures from your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that picture of Asher on the beach! And great family pic too. I'm so glad that this was your secret mission and I can't wait to hear more about it. Let us know how A liked the sand and the water. I really want to take Jack somewhere where he can feel sand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Fun! Super cute pictures! Can't wait to hear more and see more pictures! :) Glad Earl didn't ruin it for ya!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails