Tuesday, September 14, 2010

what goes up...

On Sunday Drew encouraged me to get out and have some "me" time.  Last week was really crazy at Drew's work and he didn't get to see Asher at all from Tuesday to Friday.  This not only meant that Drew missed Ash, but also that I had baby duty 100% of the time, for 4 days straight.

{major props to the single moms right now - I don't know how you do it!}

This combo equaled Drew missing A and me really needing a break from drool and diapers -  an afternoon off sounded perfect!  It had been approximately 9 months since I bought myself any new clothes, so I headed to the mall to find some fall staples.

I had no clue what the boys would do while I was gone, but figured it would involve some toys, teethers, baby food, and naps.  Oh yeah, and football.  Of course.  What I didn't anticipate was that Drew would make a little video showing Asher's major accomplishment that I would miss!

Wait, before you watch I need to warn you about something.  Those of you with little ones will realize that a baby's first time standing solo isn't all that stable.  Drew thought this was a possibility, but couldn't zoom out far enough if he remained close enough to catch a falling baby.

This, I believe, is the main difference between moms and dads.  If it had been me I would have stayed close and just not had a video.  Drew really wanted to record this moment for me since I was missing it.  I appreciate that - I guess.  ha!

Let me just emphasize that Drew shouldn't be villianized here.  He's a great Dad and would never put Asher in danger.  That said, I did almost have a heart attack the first time I watched this.  I grew all of those little parts from scratch - let's keep them intact!

By the way, how tough is my little guy?!  So chill, so calm.   :o)

{oh, keep your sound on - Drew incorporates some pretty priceless commentary}

7 comments:

  1. Yay Asher!

    I don't think there should be anything bad said about Drew! Babies are going to tumble as they learn their new abilities and environment...it's not like he's on concrete or anything!

    Good for you for getting some "me" time! I can't stand to hear moms bad mouth themselves for needing some time alone! I went to see a movie alone on Saturday and I enjoyed myself immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Asher!!! Isn't that musical table great? Perfect height for standing! (And is it sad that I was singing along to the ABCs?)

    I think Drew did fine... Asher obviously wasn't too bothered by the fall and it will (unfortunately) be the first of many!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoo! Go Asher! So sweet of him to video it for you. Looks like his little tumble didnt even phhase him! lol. I love that little "sorry mom" at the end! Ha!

    Glad you got to have some you time! Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Asher!

    Drew cracks me up! Haha He's a great Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! I love it! Asher was totally chill, hehe. We have that same table and Presley has taken many a tumble just like that one. Fun times for us Mommies, huh?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, tumbles are gonna happen. But it was nice of him to get a video for you! Did Asher pull himself up? If I stand Jack up, he'll hold on and stand really well, but he hasn't started pulling himself up yet. It's only a matter of time! These babies are getting too big!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a big boy!! Go Asher!!!!

    Babies do tumble and that's just how it goes... how else do they learn??? :) I actually think it's scarier for the parents than the babies themselves!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails