Monday, May 17, 2010

that's ironic

**Last week I was complaining about how I had to eat an entire ice cream cake by myself.  Now my son has a milk allergy and I'm off dairy.

**For the past few weeks I've been trying to teach Asher how to roll over so he'd stay on track with his motor skills.  Now he rolls over so easily I can't keep him on his belly to work on neck, back, and arm strength.

**Oreo cookies contain no dairy, despite the fact that there's a picture of milk right on the front of the package.

**When I had to leave Asher with Drew for a whole day to attend an out-of-town wedding last week, I pumped furiously in the week preceeding to make sure I had enough breast milk to leave for him.  Now since I'm feeding Asher 1/2 breast milk and 1/2 formula, but still pumping 4x/day to maintain my supply, I have a freezer full of 100+ ounces of milk...and no baby to feed it to.

Anybody know anything about breast milk donation?

3 comments:

  1. keep the milk, it's good for 4 months in freezer or 12 months in a deep freezer. he might grow out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have met someone who used donated breastmilk for her daughter. Her daughter was a micro preemie and had many complications. The mother wanted to breastfeed, but was unable to keep her supply up on pumping alone. She said she originally bought milk through a company that collects breastmilk for preemies. However, it was extremely expensive for the mom (around $1000 per week). She then found people who donated straight to her, and said it was a huge blessing and her daughter began to thrive. You could talk to someone at a local la leche league and they could probably point you in the right direction for donation if you choose to donate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is funny. And I can't believe you have that much milk stored!! I have maybe 30 ounces, but I'm getting nervous about making enough for Jack now that he is eating more. I have one more month until I make it to my goal and then if I have to do 1/2 breast milk and 1/2 formula, then that's what I'll do. Do you mix the two together in one bottle? Or give one bottle of BM and one formula? I think it's great you've done so much to be able to continue breast feeding. Asher is a lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails