Tuesday, May 25, 2010

pick of the litter


Some days I think I might have given birth to a puppy, instead of a baby.

Exhibit #1:

Sophie the Giraffe.


Sophie is a teething toy that came highly recommended to me from some blogging friends.  She is made of all natural rubber and food grade paint, so she's completely safe for little mouths to chew on.  I didn't realize this until she arrived, but it turns out that she also has a very sensitive squeaker inside.

So, let's see, Sophie is:

made of rubber
squeaks when squeezed
intended for chewing

Sound like anything else?  Perhaps something you could buy at PetSmart?

Asher loves her.

Exhibit #2:

I left Asher playing on his activity mat yesterday and went into the kitchen to do some dishes.  When I returned I found Asher doing this...


That's right, he was chewing on the entertainment center!

Don't eat the furniture!  Bad dog baby.

Thank goodness they don't make stuff with lead paint anymore.

Exhibit #3:

Last night after Asher's bedtime bottle I was walking him around so he would burp and I heard the telltale sound of spit-up.  I quickly turned him around to assess the damage to his PJs, but couldn't see anything.  Yay!  No PJ change!  Then I looked on the blanket covering my shoulder to see how much he spit up.  Nothing there either...hmm...that's strange.  I know I heard him spit up!  Finally I looked down and saw that he had expelled his dinner past my shoulder all over the carpet.

Are you kidding me??

I called Drew and told him to bring up the Resolve carpet cleaner.  It now lives right next to the Dreft stain spray in Asher's room.  Who, besides new puppy owners, have to keep Resolve within arm's reach?


Oh, my puppy baby.  Gotta love him!


6 comments:

  1. hahahaha, the similarities are undeniable!!!
    But what a cute puppy!!!
    I can't believe he was chewing/gumming on the furniture. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaah that is way too cute :)
    Love the picture of him chewing on the entertainment center!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed so hard at that picture of him gnawing away at the entertainment center. Sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's too funny!

    Watch out for your other furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHA! My hubby and I were both laughing out loud! So funny...and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Good!!! I am not alone. :) My puppy...um.er..uh..baby does the same thing. I haven't caught him gnawing ont he furniture yet, but it totally would not surprise me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails