Wednesday, May 5, 2010

i'm losing it. and so is he.

Our hair, that is.

I'm pretty sure that both Asher and I are going bald.

A few months ago, I heard that pregnancy causes increased hair growth, so once you have the baby and the hormones level out all that extra hair falls out.  Thank goodness I had heard about this or I definitely would have assumed there was a vitamin deficiency of some kind at work here.  My hair is coming out in huge clumps.  My shower drain is begging for mercy and my hairbrush is about to give up entirely.  And that's just me.

Poor little Asher was born with a head full of hair, but now he's got this hilarious "ring 'o bald" around the back and sides.  I guess all of his time playing on his back is starting to cost him some hair.  The worst part is that the hair on top is still growing strong and getting way too long.

In fact, his hair is so long that the faux-hawk wouldn't stand up anymore, it just kept flopping over to the side.

This won't do at all.

So, I gave him a haircut!


It seemed too early for a first haircut, but he needed it, so I gave it my best.

It was a little challenging trying to snip scissors around the face of a baby who's head was bobbling around while sitting in a Bumbo, but I did my best.

Asher seems to approve!

4 comments:

  1. He is so cute!

    My son was born with a nice dark head of hair. Then after about a month he lost the top and ended up with the old man "toilet seat" hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of hair for your little guy. I'm losing all my hair as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how much hair he has and that he already needed a hair cut!! I do love that mohawk of his! And I've been losing hair too. It's been going on for a little while and getting annoying. I hope it stops soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. His smile is so adorable! And my hair is falling out like crazy too! I looked it up and seen the same thing you did! I was starting to think something was seriously wrong with me! :) So glad to hear it isn't just me!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails