Thursday, May 27, 2010

daddy standards

On Saturday morning I had to go to the DMV.  As I'm sure is true for everyone out there, going to the DMV is my favorite part of moving.  What's not to love about waiting in line for an hour, gathering 3-5 different kinds of ID, getting a lovely new driver's license photo, pressing your forehead against the vision machine that countless others have also caressed...and on it goes.

Needless to say, I released a big sigh of relief when I left the DMV 2 hours after I arrived with a new license, license plates, car title and registration.

During my time with Virgina's happiest employees, Drew was home with Asher.  I left before Asher woke up for the day, so I'd say Drew had a total of 1.5 hours of baby time before I returned.  Drew feels very strongly that Asher shouldn't watch any TV and I agree {to a point...confession: sometimes when I'm on hour 12 of baby care and the late afternoon crankiness reaches a peak, I'll let him watch a little tube just so we make it until bathtime.  I don't feel bad about this.  Thank goodness for that magical box with flashing lights, colors, and noises!}

Anyways, I came home from Hades the DMV and found this:


Daddy passed out and Asher watching Sports Center.


Seriously?  Are you kidding me?

Haha...I thought it was hilarious!  How quickly the mighty standards fall when Daddy is in charge!

6 comments:

  1. That's so hilarious (and true!)

    I hid all of our Baby Einstein DVD's for fear David will rely on them when I'm not around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny...I had no idea that was coming in the post...but it's true in our household too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! That's hilarious. Well the fact that he's asleep and Asher is watching. I would call that a pretty big double standard! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, I love it! Your posts always make me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww so cute !!! your son is just so adorable !!! he always makes me go awwww :)) Gob bless him !! lawn care raleigh

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails