Wednesday, May 12, 2010

reading ahead

Sometimes I think that Asher is reading the baby reference books when I'm not looking.

I had written a desperate plea for sleep help the other week and I'm happy to say that we're doing much, much better!  My baby reference bible, Baby 411 {Jocelyn, I still can't believe that Dr. Brown is Eli's actual Pediatrician...that's awesome!} says that healthy, full-term 4 month olds should be able to sleep 6 hours without needing to eat and 5 month olds should be able to sleep 9 hours without needing to eat.

Asher really struggled with making it the 6 hours all through his 4th month.  Since we were on the road for most of that month I indulged his pleas for food and comfort all night long, but decided to play it tough when 5 months rolled around.  We all need more sleep and he doesn't have a biological reason to be waking up 3x at night anymore.  Apparently he got the message and decided to cut the chase by sleeping 10 hours straight last night!  One day ahead of time!  I'm so proud of him!

It could be a complete fluke {and I probably just jinxed it}, but there's a lot of hope on my end that we've turned a corner.

Maybe I should put some books about potty training around the house and see if he just picks that up too!

By the way, how cute is he in these blue jeans?  Such a big boy!


I was trying to figure out what looked weird about this outfit and I decided that he needs a baby sized belt.  A tucked in shirt {onesie} with no belt just looks funny in jeans.  Do they make baby belts?  That would be ridiculous, but pretty hilarious!

3 comments:

  1. First of all... CONGRATS on the 10 hour sleep stretch....wow, lucky!!! I need to maybe look into reading that book... Bennett can't go longer than 5-6 hours at a time...and we are coming up on 5 months pretty quickly here.

    I know exactly what you mean about the jeans... I put Bennett in a pair yesterday thinking it would be totally cute but then realized they looked super strange. You're right... it's the belt thing how the onesie can't go over the jeans and it looks weird. I have since decided not to go with jeans for a while....hahaha.
    ...and I'm sure they do make baby belts somewhere...!!! They have anything & everything out there for babies these days!

    Also, I tried to post a comment on your other post about Asher & the spoon (awesome!) and was wondering which section in Target you found that toy in?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... Eli is wearing jeans today too!

    And yep, we saw Dr. Brown on Monday when I took Eli in to get his cough and sniffled checked out. She's very nice, patient and always sweet with Eli!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is exactly how I feel about Seraya! We have the book you mentioned and we also have Your Baby's First Year Week by Week, and it seems like she is onpoint whenever I read her current week's chapter! And they do make baby belts because my cousins baby who is 5 months also has some...I will try to find out where she gets them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails