Wednesday, May 19, 2010

last weekend

We had such a fun time last weekend!  This morning I realized that I'd better get something up here about it before the next weekend rolls around!

The past few weeks (month?!) have been spent organizing a move, moving, unpacking, and settling into our new place.  For the first time in many weeks we spent Saturday doing fun stuff and learning to love our new neighborhood.

My car needed to be inspected before I can get it registered in Virginia, so we loaded up and dropped it off at our friendly neighborhood service station early Saturday morning. 


The service station is conveniently located just a few blocks away from the Farmer's Market, so we put Asher in his stroller and walked on over to the market.  It was such a gorgeous day...mid-70s, sunny, and breezy.  I immediately bought a freshly squeezed lemonade and some beautiful strawberries.  Drew found this teeny, tiny thin asparagus {so delicious!} so we got some of that to grill for dinner as well.  The farmer's market was quite a bit smaller than the one we used to go to in Cleveland, but it still had a good variety and, I'm sure, will grow as the summer approaches.

While we were walking around, Asher needed to eat, so I parked us in some shade and pulled out his bottle.  I have to say, the convenience of bottle feeding is so nice when we're out! 


The sun was playing peek-a-boo with the tree leaves, so poor Ash kept getting the sun in his face. 


That is, he was getting the sun in his face until Daddy came along and donated his hat.  I really need to remember to bring a hat along all the time for this boy!



After Asher had his fill we wandered over to the Whole Foods to find some dairy-free food replacements for me.  I found a few things and by then my car was done.  Gotta love good timing!

Sunday we took our first outing to church since moving.  Going anywhere with Asher can be a bit of an adventure, especially when it falls during his usual nap time.  I was a little nervous about how he'd do in the nursery with strangers, but he was amazing!  Of course, it helped that the sweet lady who was working held him the whole time.  Spoiled little guy.  :o)

All in all, it was a great weekend for our little family!  This weekend Aunt Erin and Uncle Ryan are coming over...we can't wait!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds fun and I love that daddy gave Asher his hat. Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty nifty toy asher has there ;) I love all of these pics! Miss you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear the move has gone well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Asher's wearing his daddy's hat - that is so cute!

    I am not sure what I would do if I had to give up dairy...I am impressed that you are doing that :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails