Thursday, May 20, 2010

it's the little things

This morning I woke up around 7:15 to the sound of a lawn mower racing up and down my yard.  We live in a small development and, apparently, the same guy mows all of the backyards because he was moving right down the line.  We are renting our current house, so I guess either the landlord or HOA arranged for lawn care because I certainly wasn't expecting to see him out there today.

Anyways, despite the fact that hearing the LOUD whirring of a mower first thing in the morning isn't really my favorite, there was a little something about this situation that made me smile.

When we were living in Cleveland there were no shortage of lawn care companies.  They all had big trailers to haul around the mowers and usually parked just enough in the street so you almost couldn't get by.  Since I squeezed past my fair share of pick-up trucks advertising lawn care {and snow removal...these always, always go together in Cleveland} I learned the names of most of the companies.  They were, without exception, always something like "John's Lawn Care and Snow Removal."  Or "Bob Jones Lawn Care and Snow Removal."

The thing that made me smile this morning was the t-shirt our lawn care professional was wearing.  Across the back of his shirt, advertising for his company, was their name...

"BLADE RUNNERS"

Now that's what I'm talking about.  Rock on, Blade Runners, rock on.

I love it here!

{But I miss Cleveland too...especially you, Karen!  :o)}

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails