Monday, May 17, 2010

like a rolling stone

We had a big weekend around here.

Asher rolled over!

I think getting those extra milk proteins out of his system lightened his belly enough for him to be able to get the whole way over.   :o)

Drew and I have been practicing with him for the past few weeks and on Saturday he decided to give it a try on his own.  Since then every time I put him on his tummy he rolls right over onto his back.

This is good and bad.

While I'm proud of him for rolling over he still needs practice raising his head and pushing up on his arms.  This boy has always hated tummy time and now that he can get himself out of it we have a battle on our hands!

I'll take it, though.  Way to go Mr. A!

Check out his big moment for yourself.  Drew and I are so proud! {can you tell?}

5 comments:

  1. That is TOO funny (and ironic!) because Eli has been a roly poly machine all weekend! He has rolled over two or three times before, but it always seemed like a bit of a fluke. But starting Saturday, every time we would put him on his belly, he would immediately roll to his back! I bet he did it 20-30 times over the last two days. I'm such a proud mama!
    Also, it was nice to see the back of Asher's head in this video. He has SO much hair on top, but just like Eli, it looks like he's practically bald in the back except for in two small patches. I'm glad my son's not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish Ava would roll that way - instead she likes to roll back to tummy, and then gets stuck, making for one nervous mommy!

    That video is so cute - how exciting that he rolled over!

    Have you noticed a difference in his diapers yet? Ava seemed better within 24 hours, but she was also having severe symptoms by the time we caught it, so that may be why!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Asher rolling over!!! That's so funny ... babies are so different. Bennett always rolls over to his tummy and hasn't quite mastered the reverse. And... downside of that is he loves to sleep on his tummy. I put him down on his back but he always ends up on his tummy. Makes me a bit nervous, but there is really no way to avoid it anymore! The kid wants his tummy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet is Asher! Loved the video...congrats to you and way to go Asher! I am hoping my daughter starts rolling over soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails