Tuesday, May 4, 2010

catching up {by the numbers}

I'm been MIA for the past few weeks and while you all know the broad strokes of where I've been I wanted to fill you in on some of the details!

Drew, Asher, and I took a major road trip over the past few weeks.  First we headed to DC to find our house {which we're in now!}, then we headed north to New Jersey to celebrate Drew's brother's wedding on April 17th.  After the wedding Asher and I headed WAY south to North Carolina to stay with my parents for 2 weeks while Drew handled the move logistics in Cleveland and finished up his job there.

Ever drive 10 hours with a 4 month old?  Asher is a super traveler, but it was still tough.  I'm so glad my Mom was able to ride with me and Asher!

Then just last Saturday we came back north to DC and moved into the new place.  Drew started work yesterday and Asher and I are on our own for the first time in many, many moons.  It feels great to be all together again and settled in a house.

Now, for the grand tally.

Days between homes:  21
State lines crossed:  13
Explosion diapers while traveling:  1
Photos taken:  52 {pathetic, I know}
Trips to Wal-Mart for baby stuff:  3
Places we slept:  6

Our trip in photos!  I didn't take nearly as many photos as I typically do, but it was all I could do to keep up with life in general.  Come away with me...

Hitting the road out of Cleveland


Stop #1:  Visit with Aunt Erin, Uncle Ryan, and Phinley!



After our house search {no photos, bah} we headed to NJ and visited with Grandma and Grandpa Wilkinson before the big wedding.  Go Yankees!


Lovely wedding day for Chris and Lisa. 


What a beautiful bride!


Ah, living easy in the south.  Asher loved all the attention Grammy and Pop Pop showered on him.  We're detoxing back to real life now.



Finally in our new house!  If you ever find yourself crusing by DC on I-95 come by and visit us!


I can't wait to get all caught up on your blogs -- watch for my comments on old posts, it's been too long since I had time to sit and read.  I hope to get caught up this week!!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures, I have been missing your blogs... although I have been behind myself as B came down with a bug recently... but going to catch up here soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been offline a lot and had missed that all the travel was even happening. Good luck getting settled in at the new place!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails