Tuesday, May 11, 2010

favorite thing...tuesday!

Thanks everyone for your encouragment!  I know that Asher is ready for the next step...no one is more surprised by my hesitation than me!  I forgot to mention this yesterday, but I was inspired by a. lee over at Monkey Love and gave Asher a spoon to play with.  He put it straight into his mouth, spoon-side in and everything!  I guess he's ready for some chow.

Just not the Subway breakfast. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Last Friday I got a little busy and didn't get a chance to post a Favorite Thing Friday, so here's it is now!  This product is hands-down our new favorite baby item.  A few weeks ago I was faced with driving Asher from New Jersey to my parent's house in North Carolina.  For those of you who aren't familiar with the route, that's a 10 hour drive.

If you don't make any stops or hit traffic.

Both of those things are impossible, so we were looking at an 11+ hour journey. 

Luckily for me, Asher is an amazing traveler and only got really fussy towards the last hour of our trip.  Once we got to NC I decided to try and find some new car toys to keep him entertained on the 5 hour trip back up to VA when our visit was over. 

My mom and I found this toy in Target and thought it looked like just the ticket.  Asher loves to grab and spin his toys on his bouncy seat, so this seemed like a natural thing to try.  The ends have velco attachments that hook onto the infant carseat carrier bar, so it's suspended right in front of his face.

He absolutely loves it!!

Every time we get in the car his eyes light up when I connect his "friends" to the bar.  He starts playing right away and doesn't stop until he falls asleep!

Best $10 ever spent.  Now I just need to figure out how to connect it to the stroller so he stays entertained while we're shopping!

5 comments:

  1. Yep... Eli has the same exact toy and loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!! I'm guessing it wouldn't work for the convertible carseat since there isn't a bar to attach it to. Rats! I would love to get something like that for Jack.

    I can't wait to plan a playdate with the boys. I'm thinking June if that works for you. Sundays are best since we have swim class Saturday mornings, but we could do something a bit later in the day. I'm flexible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw your spoon comment- too funny! I feel like Jack wouldn't know what to do with food just yet and it would end up everywhere except for in his mouth. He still has the tongue thrust reflex going on. I can't wait to see pics of Asher trying out food! I know it's hard- they are growing up so fast, but each stage is very exciting and somehow it keeps getting better and better. Trust me, he'll still want his mama to feed him. He knows what's good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter Seraya, who will be 5 months tomorrow, has the same toy. She absolutley loves it and is contesnt playing with it on car rides. And I love the frog sounds it makes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im just trying to catch up on here. Asher is so cute! I honestly can't believe our LO's are 5 months! Seriously, time flies!

    We have the same toy bar! We bought it for easter and ethan loves it too! I have recommended it to a few people too! So glad it works for asher... that is awesome it entertains him for so long :)

    sounds like you are getting all settled after the move! I bet that is nice to be able to start relaxing! Glad you had a good first Mother's day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails