Tuesday, June 1, 2010

visit from grandma and grandpa

We had a fabulous 3-day weekend as our little family of 3!  Drew, Asher, and I had several adventures and just loved our time together.  More on that to come....

First I have to finish updating you all on our final visitors from last week.  Asher's Grandma and Grandpa stopped by to see us on their way to Florida!  We love that our house is now right along their route!


Asher always wants to keep track of where everyone is.  Still here, Grandpa?


Drew's parents swung by last Tuesday and stayed with us until Thursday morning when they had to get back on the road.  We had a great time visiting and took Asher out for his first ever restaurant lunch.  He did amazing!  I was worried that it would be a complete disaster {Ash tends to get irritable when people eat around him, rather than playing with him} but I gave him his bottle while we were ordering, then he was happy to play with his carseat toys while we ate.

After lunch we headed over to the Toys 'R Us and found Mr. A a swing!  He still has a little trouble sitting up straight for long periods of time, but he did great in it and loves to swing.  It was so fun to push him -- he just laughed and laughed!

The only problem came when I stopped swing him so I could get a photo.  Once the momentum slowed down he found another way to entertain himself and decided to try and eat through the safety strap.



This boy will gum on anything!  Can you say 'teething'?!


We had a wonderful visit and can't wait to see them again!

3 comments:

  1. Awww... we need to get a swing! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a big boy in his swing!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I always know where to go when I need a laugh. Asher is so cute and I love the swing pics! What fun!

    I would love to have a playdate at the Splash Park. However, it is only 5 minutes from my house so a little far for you to go, especially not being familiar with the area. If you don't mind the drive, let me know. I have no problem coming closer to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails